Just because I coach, train and empower others, doesn’t mean I don’t struggle at times too. When I’m looking into the gap between where I am and where I want to be in a part of my life, I feel discouraged and can even drop into an “I’m failing” mindset. When I’m there, it’s hard to get out and it affects all aspects of my life. I lose connection to my passion, purpose, and clarity about the next action to take. I know I need help in those moments and I’m not always skillful in the way I ask. It can look like anger or frustration with a person or circumstance in my life. Can you relate?
What is a gap in your life that is challenging you? I have a couple of openings in my practice and am offering a summer special until June 21st. Reply to this email or use the link below to schedule a Life Reinspired conversation for some listening, wisdom, action steps, and if needed a kick in the pants, that will get you on the track to closing that gap.
In the meantime, here are some helpful tips for dealing with those difficult feelings of failing:
- Acknowledge the failure. Without this there’s no movement toward success.
- Be kind to yourself – this is not a time for self-recrimination.
- Allow yourself to feel the difficult feelings – sadness, frustration, discouragement, regret. Remember we fail, we are not failures. There’s a big difference.
- Ask, “What is there for me …to learn? …to heal? …to do?” Then take action.
- Reach out and ask for help. It’s a leadership skill, not a weakness.
No life is lived without failure and heartbreak, and it can be a needed step toward success.
Are you ready to close the gap?
Sabrina Roblin, CPCC is a retired executive, founder of Life Reinspired, and a coach, trainer and speaker who is happily enjoying her best chapter of life. She now helps others do the same.
To learn more or schedule a complimentary Life Reinspired Strategy Session, contact Sabrina at: email@example.com or www.lifereinspired.com.